Crocheting & Gifts

I have finished my own "blooming flower cushion" and I am very pleased with it!
I was able to take a trip down to Inverness last week where a new Dunelm shop has opened.  I had a good browse round and brought a cushion pad  for £3.50 which I thought was a very good price but it was 2 inches bigger than I was planning to make the cushion so I had to make it bigger to fit.
Anyway I think it looks good on my sofa

I decided to have a change round in the front room to cosy up for the winter and I ended up with a plain touch base lamp on my side of the room so last night I started to crochet a cover for the shade and finished it today.  I'm a lot happier with it now

It looks okay with the light on too

I have also been lucky to be given a few gifts this week.   A jar of homemade blackcurrant jam and a big bowl of home grown tomatoes


also a lovely apple and blackcurrant crumble for my OH

you can see he's already eaten half of it before I could take a photo!

I also got to borrow Octobers issue of Country Living Magazine and it certainly made me feel autumnal, such lovely colours

The weather hasn't been great here this week so my OH has been unable to work as he only has a couple of outdoor jobs to do.  I'm hoping that we do get a few bright days this week so he can bring some money in, luckily I still have been able to earn a bit which I spent on a good food shop to hopefully last us a couple of weeks. We have company for a week from next weekend, friends of my son are coming up to run the Loch Ness marathon in aid of cancer research so I have been meal planning.  I also now have to make a meal to take to church lunch next Sunday so I will have to have a think about what to do with what I have.

I would also like a few bright days to catch up with the washing.  I have let it pile up a bit because I am still reluctant to put the tumble drier on because of the electric costs. I don't put it on the clothes horse unless I have the stove on as it takes about 3 days to dry!  My electric costs are too high anyway as we have to pay £11 a month extra than we use because of the way the meters are set in this cottage.  I have rung Scottish Power but there is nothing I can do about this and I have to pay £85 a month which I think is a lot considering we do not have central heating. I have just watched the forecast on "Countryfile" but it doesn't look great, more rain, rain, rain.  Lets hope they are wrong!

Terri X

Comments

  1. Your cushion is wonderful and well done on making they lampshade look super cosy! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room