Precious Times

I have brought my Grand-daughter home on her very first plane ride.  She was very excited and amazed to be above the clouds and definately looking forward to doing it again.  
We did lots of fun things like going to the local strawberry farm, I have lost count of how many lovely punnets of them we have eaten
We made a lovely flan.
We went swimming a few times and afterwards met up with the men to go eat cream cakes in my favourite tearoom, did a car treasure hunt in the pouring rain which came down so torrential that it flooded the village and I haven't seen it like that in the 10 years I have lived there.

We had a lovely barbecue at my friends and my Grand-daughter went into the hot tub with trepidation but loved it. I let her control when we had the bubbles and we both slept well that night.
We watched my friends doing a raft race, I was the reserve, and they won by miles.

Go girls!
There was walking in the hills with her Grandad and a trip to collect sea glass at the beach with her Uncle.  A drive to the stone and fossil shop to add to her precious stone collection and a nose round the charity shops, a trip to pick up crafting supplies and we made some Birthday cards together and she did a paint by numbers kit.
She saw Nessie in our local visitor centre where we were joined by other family members for tea.
She helped me for an hour working in the shop and enjoyed it and made her own pizza for dinner.  She spent quiet time watching films like "Matilda and James and the Giant Peach" and played games in the evenings against her Grandad.
I loved those moments when she would get in bed beside me and we would chat and do our angel card readings.
Precious times indeed :-)

Terri X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room