Craft Stall at the Highland Games

Well I had a great time at the Highland Games but oh my, the weather was pretty awful with torrential rain.  It had rained every day for a week beforehand so when we arrived at 8.30ish there was already lots of mud!  The organisers had laid down boards and sheeting for the vehicles to drive on so we got in alright.  I had my wellies on as I knew the grass would be waterlogged.
My photos aren't very clear but I popped out of our tent to have a look round in between showers.
There were men in kilts everywhere and they are a hardy lot up here, the weather did not stop all the races, hammer throwing, discus etc.

We set up our stall, I stood the decoupage table on a black bag to keep the legs dry.  We did sell it and the tall plant stand on the table.

We have been busy making things the last few weeks and its lovely to think our crafty makes are making their way all over the world as we were chatting to people from Australia, Canada, USA, Holland and France.

Lots of bags made from scraps of tartan and tweed

Our glasses cases were one of our best sellers.
Our friends stall was next to us so we had plenty of chance for a good natter in between customers.

This was their first time doing a stall, all hand knitted and they had a good day too

Our other friend is a good artist

My personal fave is the one below.  It would look good on my wall!

We will definately do this show again next year as although we paid £17 for the stall and took £4 each for lunch, we still came home with £95 each.  A very good day for us.  

Terri X

Comments

  1. Looks like a great day out as well as a healthy profit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room