What have I been doing this week?


I'm having a job to remember what I have been doing!  I feel that i have been pretty busy but my head is a bit wooly when i try to think.  I'm blaming everything on the menopause but i definately get more tired, more forgetful, more emotional and more hot flushes.  Oh the joys of being a woman!

So....not in any particular order, I have ....

Pottered around in the garden when the sun shined.  I emptied out a trough and split up a few plants and planted a bit of lobelia.


It might be a bit to early to plant bedding up here but we shall see.  I fill the bare soil with shells collected from the beach as this stops my cats using it as a toilet.  Next time i have a trip out i will look for some geraniums.  I was tempted to plant some veggies in it but decided on having a splash of colour instead.

A fushia and more lobelia were planted in the hanging basket outside the door.  I like rusty things and love my bunch of keys.  The other side of the door looks like this..

The two rusty flower stakes were picked up from Hampton Court flower show about ten years ago and the triangular holder was just an oddity i picked up and stuck it outside to go rusty.. The milk churn on the photo at the start of this blog was found in the field next to the house.

I did plant a bit of veg.  This odd planter holds climbing beans.  I couldn't find my garden canes so i used this candle holder with a small cane i did find!  It might work!  I planted spring onion, chard and butternut squash seeds too.

Little lettuces in this sink.  I've now run out of compost so can't do any more at the moment.

I  also had my last "pattern" class this week and our 2015 calendar has now gone to the printers.

I enjoyed putting this together and all my relatives will be getting one as part of their Christmas presents along with the two sets of cards we designed.  Once they come back from the printers we have to pop to a few local businesses to ask them to sell them as any profits are going back into the village to fund other courses.

I also had a few friends round for a card making evening and we are having another next week..  We all had a good time chatting and laughing but we were also quite productive.  

I had a hospital appointment and my son came with me to help me do the food shop afterwards.  I got to the till and opened my handbag to find my purse was missing!  Oh the panic i felt!  I knew i had it whilst in the car and luckily my son had his wallet with him to pay for the shopping.  I sped back to search inside the car but it wasn't there.  I was getting in a right flap when an elderly man came up to me in the carpark waving my purse in the air!  I had dropped it somehow in the shop!  

I was invited to lunch with the patchwork group of ladies and at the last minute the venue was changed to one of the ladies house in another village.  It was quite a wow house, very spacious with floor to ceiling windows, a beautiful shaker style kitchen and looked just like it could have been pictured in a house design magazine.  It was in a remote location and i would find it a bit bleak in the winter, you would need a 4x4 on the single track road.  Nice to have a nosy.
We have all arranged a weekend in Edinburgh in September to go to a quilting exhibition.  I wouldn't normally be able to afford to do this but the class has been given the funding from the wind farms and the cost of the travel and two nights in a hotel is paid for.  I only have to pay for food and £7 entrance fee so too good an opportunity to miss!

I have never been very good at scone making but i made the best cheese scones i've ever done

I was quite proud that they were actually big enough to cut in half as usually they don't rise.

I watched "Jamaica Inn" on BBC iplayer.  It wasn't till mid way through the second episode that i remembered the story and i enjoyed this version.

This is getting to be a long rambling post so i will finish it  for today.  Catch up again soon.

Terri X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room