Monday Catchup


Before I start, I want to say hello to a few new followers on Bloglovin and to thank you for your encouraging comments.  I have been blogging for over a year now and although I am mainly doing it as a kind of diary for myself, it's lovely to have a few followers :-)

Well I woke up Saturday morning to a card and chocolates for Valentines Day, which was very nice. We had to go out for a bit of shopping and we intended to buy a "meal deal" for the evening and OH was going to cook for me.  Tesco's deal was £20 but I saw this

and we both love Indian food although we don't buy ready meals usually but this meal was supposed to be a treat for both of us. Cost £6.30.

We brought this as a side dish for £1.50 as it was on offer but to be honest we didn't need this extra as there was already plenty for two.

Pudding was in the reduced section for £2.65.  

OH laid the table and we had the fairy lights on (that's why this isn't a clear photo) and we both put our glad rags on.  The meal was delicious and it had only cost us £10 .45 so it was good value too.


This weekend I also made these little owls using up scrap pieces of tweed and a few buttons.  I got better at making them as I went along but as soon as the eyes go on, they seem to get a personality.  I made two of them whilst OH was watching the rugby (we won't talk about Scotland losing again!)

Sunday evening I was looking forward to watching "The Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowling on BBC1.  I didn't know what it was about as I have not read the book but after watching the first episode I found it rather depressing so don't know that I will bother to watch the rest.


This was a knitted heart I made as a last minute order from someone today.  The couple have been visiting Scotland and are due to go back to South America this week and they are getting married in May. I only had time this afternoon to make it up as I was working this morning,
I do hope they like it though.
I have made a one pot dinner on the stove for us tonight, a stew and I just threw in various bits of veg and a tin of potatoes, minced beef, gravy with a squeeze of tomato purée, dash of Worcester sauce and Daddies sauce and some mixed herbs.  It smells quite yum!

We are going to visit our friends on the Black Isle tomorrow and will stay overnight with them before driving down to England Wednesday to visit our Grandchildren for a week.  It is such a long drive, about 600 miles but we will save a good hour setting off from theirs.  Can't wait to get there and see them all  though :-)

Terri X






Comments

  1. Lovely blog Terri, the owls look great Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not seem like a year, how time flies by. I love the owls they are cute without being "cutesy". I tried reading the book The Casual Vacancy and struggled, I read the same few chapters 3 times and did not believe in or care about any of the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room