Happy New Year

Hello, I am back with a little catch up post after Christmas.  We had a lovely time spending it with the Grandkids and with three boys plus one girl it was busy and full of superhero's!

It was so sweet when at 1o'clock in the morning GS aged 6 yrs woke his sister aged 9 yrs and said he could see something red outside the window and it must be Father Christmas!  I was in the bunk below so told him he must be bringing us presents but we had to be asleep so we did manage to last out till 4.30 am to get up.  I love that in his imagination he really saw Father Christmas outside.

Unfortunately by the big day Son had got the lurgy and by Boxing Day I came down with it too.  I have to say that it knocked us both for six and it was a shame because I really could not join in with the kids and my throat was so sore I couldn't  talk much.  We travelled home on bank holiday Monday as the weather looked the best for the journey.  I was too ill to do any driving so OH and Son drove.

I got this picture of the metal Arria statue on the A80 near Cumbernauld as we zoomed past.  I love driving by her at night as she sparkles.

There was only a smatter of snow on the Cairgorms

New Years eve was a non event in this house as we were all poorly and it's only this week that we are getting back to normal.  OH has been busy working but has found it hard going as aching joints seems to be a part of this bug.

We hadnt seen anyone for a while so yesterday I invited a couple of friends round for lunch.  I raced around cleaning up the house then made a coffee and walnut cake and some soup.  I found a lovely recipe for a spicy butternut squash, lentil and coconut soup online.


Not a great photo but it tasted lovely and I served it with some naan bread.  The cake wasn't too bad either.

So nice when girl friends get together for a good natter isn't it.  We made plans to go to the auctions when they start up in a couple of weeks and are also checking out the cheap deals on a spa day at a nearby hotel.  Its my Birthday this month and i would love to have this as a treat so will wait and see what happens :-)

Terri X

Comments

  1. Great blog Terri, must say your green superhero looks a bit scary xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room