Cheesy lentil & vegetable pie

Hello everyone,

I arrived home this morning after travelling all night collecting the Grandchildren for their holiday.

Now totally shattered!

So I am preparing one of my standby recipes that I can do with my eyes closed literally!

I will give you the basic recipe, I adapt it very easily to fit in with my Slimming World diet to make
this a free meal for me on a green day.

Serves 4  (today this is serving 3 adults and 3 children)

1 tbsp. sunflower oil  (I used fry-light)
1 onion, finely chopped
500g /1 lb carrots, diced
2 garlic cloves
large tin baked beans
125g/4 oz red lentils
450ml/3/4 pt vegetable stock
salt and pepper

For the topping

1 1/2 lb potatoes
150g/5 oz savoy cabbage or sprouts
4 tbsp. semi skim milk
100g/3 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated

1. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and cook for approx. 5mins until softened.
2. Stir in carrots and garlic, cook for 2 more minutes
3. Mix in the beans, lentils and stock.  Season well
4. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for approx. 20mins until lentils are tender
5. Boil the potatoes and steam the cabbage or sprouts
6. Mash together using the milk and two thirds of the cheese
7. Spoon the hot lentil mixture into the base of an ovenproof  dish  and top with the mash
8. sprinkle with the cheese and place under a hot grill until golden brown

You can eat this on its own or serve with sausages etc.

Enjoy!

I did plan to take a picture but it went too fast sorry.

Update on diet - this morning was my week 4 and in that time I have lost 13 lb. Quite a lot more to go though!!

Terri X






Comments

  1. Slimming World is a really good way to lose weight. I did it a few years ago and got really good results. 13 lbs in 4 weeks is brilliant ! I think I might need to start doing it again as well. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I've tried loads of diets in my time and find SW the best because I just love food and I can eat loads on this. Terri x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room