Home Alone



I  love my bed!  I Couldn't wait to lay down in it last night as after a particularly busy working week my back was hurting.  We put the electric blanket on and had an early night and i was looking forward to today as its a rare occurrence that i have the house to myself on a Saturday.

The photo's are a little dark as the cottage has small windows on the front but as i lay in bed i can see out.
This is my view today

Its very overcast and it has been every morning this past week but we haven't had as much rain as forcast.

I got up very lazily at 9.30 am.  OH is an early riser so i got tea in bed and then a perfectly boiled egg and soldiers and whilst i caught up on a programme about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, he then brought me a coffee before going off to work.
I decided to put some washing on to hopefully get it outside to dry, then i needed to pop into the village to the Post Office to post a Birthday card and pay in a cheque.  I took three bags of old clothes to the clothes bank as i'm still decluttering and also remembered to pay this months tv licence.  On the way home i called at a friends to pick up some fresh eggs and stayed for a catchup and more coffee. 
They looked so nice i decided to have a cheese omelette for lunch.  OH popped home for lunch but he wanted cheese on toast.  This afternoon i cleaned the house and found a recipe online from Jack Monroe to make smoked mackerel, lemon and chilli fishcakes.  This will fit in with my slimming world diet too so i prepared them in advance and along with chips and beans will make a nice dinner.  Here is the recipe

I actually made 6 large fishcakes from these ingredients

Really tasty and the chilli gives them a little kick.

Two for the freezer.  Jack costed them at 69p each so a frugal feast indeed.

Terri X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room