Art Classes

I am pretty proud of myself tonight.  I have never been able to draw very well but i always liked playing with colours.  I have been to an art class for an hour for the last three weeks and the picture above was a still life I did in pastels.  It may be amateurist by anyone elses standards but i think it is the best thing i have done for years!  I think i might frame it and put it on the wall in my craft room.

Week 1 was colour me calm and this was as far as i got with my picture.  An hour goes pretty quickly when you're doing this.  

Week 2 we were learning different techniques as above and practising them.  It also makes you look at how artists have painted their pictures and notice the techniques they have used.
Week 3 was the still life and also was unfortunately my last class as I am now away and will miss the last one.
I have been inspired though and encouraged to do more so i think i will buy some pastels and just have a go.

Terri X

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great course and I was impressed with your still life. As long as you are enjoying yourself, that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would definitely put that picture on the wall! Authentic little drawings like this create a very positive, cheerful and cozy atmosphere. What is your favourite thing to draw? I like drawing animals and colourful birds. I'd use the hatching technique to draw cat fur. Keep experimenting and enjoying it!

    Hannah Sullivan @ Goarty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small and Cheap Changes to my Room

The fridge is nearly bare!

Life

Frugal Shopping & Cooking

The Green Room